Apple released the latest edition of macOS (Big Sur) on 12th November 2020.
We have tested the following on Big Sur and found them to work correctly:
- VPN/Remote Access Client
- McAfee Endpoint Protection (Version 10.7.5 or higher)
- Microsoft Office 365 & Microsoft Teams
- SPSS (Version 27 is available from mySoftware)
- YSoft SafeQ (Managed Print) – The latest version of the client has been made available on the mySoftware site which is compatible
The following have yet to be tested, or their websites do not yet have a compatible version for download:
- nVivo – There are some known issues, see their support site for details
- Endnote – Not yet officially supported, but anecdotal evidence suggest 9.3.3 will function correctly, which can be downloaded via in-app update
For information on other applications, please see the vendors support pages for macOS 11 compatibility before you upgrade your machine.