“Helping you work from anywhere, anytime, on any device”
We are pleased to inform you that IT Services is now ready to launch MobileIron, the new generation Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) software. This new software will replace our current EEM, Good for Enterprise.
MobileIron brings together a combination of security and EMM tools, and is available for IOS and Android. This means we will be able to provide staff with secure and seamless access to University apps, email and Wi-Fi – from anywhere, anytime, and on any device. The following MobileIron apps will also be available for download:
- Email+: An app that will provide Outlook functionality — replacing Good for Enterprise, which will no longer be available as of August 2017.
- Mobile@Work: An app that will connect your device to the University network, providing you with easy access to your email and other work resources.
- Docs@Work: An app that will enable you to easily access and edit email attachments. In a few months, you will also have access to University files and filestores.
- Web@Work: An app that will provide a secure web browser, enabling you to access internal web resources quickly.
- Apps@Work: An app that will give you access to all the MobileIron apps. In the future, you will also be able to access University apps.
How do I install MobileIron?
You can request MobileIron through the IT Service Desk Service Catalogue, selecting ‘Add Email to my mobile device’.
What if I need help?
You will be able to follow our ‘how-to’ guides. A set of Q&As is also available to ensure the process of installing the software is quick and easy. You can of course also contact the IT Service Desk by visiting www.itservicedesk.bham.ac.uk and on 0121 414 7171.
When will Good for Enterprise be switched off?
Good will be switched off in July 2017. To continue accessing your emails on your mobile device you will need to have moved to MobileIron before this point.
For more information regarding MobileIron please read the IT Services knowledge base article: Introduction to MobileIron
If you have any questions, please contact the IT Service Desk on 0121 414 7171.