If your issue is not listed, please contact the Service Desk.
Having trouble viewing this page in Internet Explorer? Please see KB13030.
The country flags indicate the campus affected by an issue, Birmingham or Dubai
Updated: 17 Jun 2021 at 9:43am
We are continuing investigations into the issue preventing access to BIRMS/BOXI via my.bham, We have counted out several possible causes, but have not yet identified the root cause for this. Sorry that we don’t have better news for you yet.
However, in the meantime, you can access BIRMS via the Staff Gateway at https://staff-gateway.bham.ac.uk/login
Please note that, unlike when BIRMS is accessed within the portal, BOXI reports cannot be directly run via the Gateway – instead, they would need to be run by logging directly into BOXI at https://boxi.bham.ac.uk/BOE/BI/ (Please make sure you are connected to the VPN if working off campus)
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Updated: 17 Jun 2021 at 9:09am
The issues logging into the University website, intranet and content management system have now been resolved and users are able to log in successfully. We will continue to investigate the root cause to ensure this does not happen again.
Thank you for your patience
Updated: 21 May 2021 at 10:29am
IT Services has been made aware of a cyberattack affecting Warp-It – the University’s furniture re-use platform. If you have an account on this system please read the following information carefully.
- Warp-It has been the victim of a cyberattack
- The data affected is:
- The email address you registered for Warp-It with – this should be your work email address
- Your Warp-It password
- Your name
- Your work address
- There’s no evidence to suggest that data has been leaked
- There are no reports of unusual emails being sent from the Warp-It website so far
What should I do?
- If you created your Warp-It account using a password the same, or similar, to one you use on other sites and systems – including University systems – you should change your password on these sites or systems as soon as possible. This is a precautionary measure to keep your data safe and secure.
- Keep an eye out for any unusual emails claiming to be from warp-it.co.uk or getwarpit.com. If you receive an email claiming to be from Warp-It, you should not click on any links – instead, go to the website directly using a browser to log in.
Updated: 1 Jun 2021 at 1:28pm
Update 20/05/21 13:13
The latest version of ABAQUS is now working on BlueBEAR so please run the latest ABAQUS app install: https://bear-apps.bham.ac.uk/applications/ABAQUS/2021-hotfix-2117/
If you need to run an older version of ABAQUS then please see the details in the update below from 19/04.
Update 19/04/21 12:07
We now have a workaround to the ABAQUS issue (described below), if you are affected by the ABAQUS problem we can provide details and support if you log a ticket here: https://intranet.birmingham.ac.uk/bear/sd/help-with-bear-compute
Since the BEAR systems work last week, we have experienced some licence issues and these have now been fixed.
We are now aware of an issue with using ABAQUS on BlueBEAR. This is currently being investigated and further updates will be provided in due course.
There have been some changes to applications available on BlueBEAR – please see https://intranet.birmingham.ac.uk/bear/2020-os-upgrade for more details about these.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Updated: 11 Jun 2021 at 3:46pm | Maintenance Window: 18 Jun 2021 4:30pm to 21 Jun 2021 10:00am
An upgrade to Core Systems will be taking place between 4:30pm Friday 18 June and 10:00am Monday 21 June. The mandatory change to Core Systems will ensure our environments continue to be supported by Oracle. We’re upgrading our Platform as a Service (PaaS) instances, which we use for some of our integrations between Fusion, Taleo and Worktribe.
Services affected – HR:
- Activity which relates to creating employment records or updating employment record info: e.g. Hiring a new employee/nonworker/contingent etc., adding new assignments, transfers, terminations, ending assignments, re-grades, promotions, changes to projected end date etc.
Services affected – Research:
We ask that you please do not perform any of those activities during the upgrade time specified.
Services not affected
- All recruitment activity in Taleo
- Activity relating to time entry (e.g. submitting time cards, approving time cards)
- Activity relating to absence management (e.g. entering employee absences, amending absences/entitlements/plan enrolment)
- Payroll processing
Core Systems may be slower than normal when you initially use the system after the maintenance is complete which is normal. If you are experiencing any issues after 10am on Monday, please log them on the IT Service Desk website by raising a Core Systems issue using ‘Report a Fault’.